The California Preservation Program is funded to provide subsidized preservation consulting services to libraries that serve the public. A group of librarians, archivists, and curators has been trained to provide assessment, guidance, and administrative recommendations in the following preservation specialties:
- Disaster preparedness and response for collections
- Collection maintenance for current service and long-term preservation
- Building assessment for risks to collection safety and longevity
- Preservation assistance with library building design and construction
- Preservation program planning and assessment.
Please direct inquiries about preservation consulting services to the California Preservation Program (CPP) at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the CPP consultants will match your needs to a consultant with appropriate expertise and availability on the schedule needed. To speak to someone about preservation consulting possibilities, please call Julie Page, 760-224-0419, or Barclay Ogden, 510-642-4946, preservation librarians and CPP consultants.